I made this recipe for my dad for Father’s Day earlier this month and they were a hit.
What’s great about this recipe is you can alter it to include any fruit and nuts you like. You could even pop some lollies in there to make a rocky road/fudge brownie concoction.
300g milk chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup plain flour
100g glace cherries
Handful of walnuts
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease your baking tin.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, in 30-second blasts, stirring well each time.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla together until they begin to get light and fluffy.
4. Whisk in the sugar, being careful not to knock the air out of the eggs. Keep whisking the mixture until it becomes stiffer.
5. Once the egg mixture is ready, pour the chocolate into it, around the sides, so as to not knock the air out.
6. Add the flour and stir until well combined. Then stir in the cherries, walnuts and hazelnuts.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin. Bake for about 30 minutes, the middle should still be a little bit gooey, but not too wobbly.
8. Leave the brownies to cool in the tin.
9. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.