1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup self raising flour
½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven 180°C and grease a 22cm non-stick round cake tin.
2. Pour the orange marmalade syrup into the bottom of the pan, until it’s about 1cm high.
3. Cream butter and sugar together until butter is light and fluffy and sugar has dissolved. Add egg.
4. Fold in salt, flour and milk in two alternate batches until well combined. Spoon batter over marmalade, making sure to spread it evenly to the sides of the pan.
5. Bake 40 minutes, or until golden and springy to touch.
6. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool and serve with cream or ice cream.